Benefits of Executive Coaching
Having An Executive Coach On Your Side Has Many Advantages…
But what are the benefits of executive coaching?
Modern life has become increasingly complex…
•There’s too much information to be an expert at everything.
•There is more to do than time available to get it all done.
•The more we try to accomplish the less time we have for connecting to our primary relationships.
•Technology promised to free our time, but instead if feels like another thing added to an already over-busy to-do list.
The sense of frustration has become epidemic, and nowhere are these problems more prevalent than with your career and your family. Creating your dream life to fulfillment is confusing and complex. Where are you supposed to find the time to become an expert and learn what is necessary to build your career and life at the same time?
My advice to you is to have a coach. Eric Schmidt, Chairman and CEO Google
Hiring an executive coach provides a competitive advantage by leveraging your time with specialized leadership and strategic expertise that cuts through the clutter, confusion and contradictory information by teaching you only what is relevant – efficiently, and with a minimum of hassle.
When you leverage your executive coach’s expertise you bridge the gap between information overload and effective action so that you can convert all the work you are already doing into meaningful results. It’s a smart business strategy that produces greater success with less effort.
Still not sure? Consider the following 21 most popular benefits of executive coaching when working with me:
1. Customized, Personal Strategic Success Plan: The first step in executive coaching is to design a strategic success plan that capitalizes on your competitive advantage. It is based on your unique skills, values, resources, and interests, and it includes all of the components of a fulfilled life – work, relationships, money, well-being. It will be carefully engineered over a period of weeks thus providing a road-map to success so that you know exactly where you are going and have your hands firmly on the wheel.
2. Consistent Results: Having a plan of action is only half the battle: moving consistently toward the desired target is the other key to success. The regular accountability provided by executive coaching maintains focus so that procrastination is eliminated and life distractions no longer get in the way. You get more done every week thus producing consistent results.
3. Increased Efficiency: Eliminating wasteful distraction is how you make room in your busy life for more focused action on your success plan. The key is to eliminate clutter and focus primarily on the critical issues thus increasing efficiency. Clarity and focus is power.
4. Reduce Mistakes: The brainstorming and vetting process during executive coaching helps you avoid mistakes and control procrastination on the difficult issues that cost you big time. With an experienced coach as your collaboration partner you benefit not only from your coach’s personal experience, but also the experience of hundreds of clients that walked the path before you. Why learn from your own mistakes when there is a better way?
5. Lasting Change: Executive coaching works from the inside-out revealing the root causes of executive challenges thus providing lasting change. It is not a “seminar high” or “feel-good” process that results in a temporary fix. Instead, it works at a deep level to produce change that will benefit you long after the coaching relationship ends.
6. Personal Confidant: Each regularly scheduled executive coaching session provides a confidential forum with an expert dedicated exclusively to your agenda (without a conflicting agenda). You will enjoy private, non-judgmental conversations that challenge you to play smarter without telling you what to do. Many clients consider these coaching appointments sacrosanct because it is the only time where you work exclusively on your vision and goals with no distractions or conflicting interests.
7. Greater Happiness and Balance: You are a congruent whole: there is no separating how you do the small things from how you do the big things. For that reason executive coaching explicitly works on work goals while also positively impacting your whole life – including relationships, health and much more. The result is increased self-awareness so that you integrate all aspects of your life into a balanced, cohesive plan. This reduces conflict and increases happiness.
8. Accelerated Growth: Everything is either growing or dying – no exceptions. You start coaching because you want change, and change means growth. Coaching provides a supportive environment for accelerated growth where risk is carefully managed to help you stretch to your greatest ability – without additional stress.
9. Better Problem Solving: Problems and obstacles are a natural part of growth: you can’t have one without the other. Executive coaching provides an expert brainstorming partner that sources your inner wisdom helping you identify critical factors and locate best solutions. Your executive coach serves as an outside observer helping you make course corrections, avoid detours and see opportunities you otherwise might have overlooked.
10. Creative Alternatives: Success seldom results from following conventional wisdom, but unproven paths can be risky. It’s an art form to match creative alternatives to changing times so that you produce a competitive advantage instead of a foolish dead-end path. Your executive coach stands above the forest while you cut down the trees so that he can challenge old, ineffective belief systems by introducing more productive alternatives while also keeping you on track toward your goal without getting lost in meaningless diversions.
11. Improved Success Habits: Your health, wealth and happiness all result from your habits. Similarly, the transformational technology practiced during executive coaching not only results in improved success habits but positively affects other aspects of your life as well. Clients routinely report improved health, relationships and happiness while attaining more fulfillment.
12. Thrive Instead of Survive: With executive coaching you develop a plan and take actions specifically designed to convert your present life to the fulfilled life of your dreams. The goal is to stop just surviving and start thriving – every month and every year – so that you eliminate the question mark from your future. Coaching is not about get-rich-quick: it is about accelerated, consistent progress toward an inevitable result.
13. Build Life as Your Primary Business: You’ll learn to live your life intentionally, prioritizing it over your career. Many clients are surprised to learn their life is their primary business activity while their career and investment portfolio are mere “Vice Presidents” in the “You Inc.” organizational chart. This perspective provides structure and supports much-needed balance in managing the conflicting objectives between money, relationships, recreation and career.
14. Become Your Own Life Expert: Learn how to independently choose based on your own values thus eliminating dependency on other people’s opinions or advice. Your executive coach provides education designed to help you make more effective, independent decisions. This increased skill mastery and confidence is the essence of your independence.
15. Proven Principles: Stop guessing, living by other people’s rules or dealing with conflicting sources of information. Learn how to create your own values based rules based on a single consistent model (as taught in Seven Steps To Your Significance) that has already proven effective in Daniela’s own life and with countless coaching clients.
16. Live with Confidence: Learn to assess and manage risk when the going gets tough. Develop an understanding of the difference between ‘trying’ and being intentional so that you improve expectation and confidence. No more guessing or emotional roller coaster because you will develop a solid discipline with clear action steps.
17. Stronger Personal Foundation: The height of a building is limited by the strength of the foundation. That is why skyscraper construction crews dig huge pits and sink massive pilings. The quality of your life is no different. Executive coaching helps you build a strong personal foundation based on proven principles so that you can ascend to greater heights.
18. Access to Specialized Resources: Executive coaching helps you access hard-to-find knowledge and resources. You could spend countless hours sifting through mountains of information, or you can have an expert hand you only what is necessary on a silver platter. Every coaching session and homework assignment grows your success intelligence which pays you dividends for a lifetime.
19. Simplifies the Complex: Learning how to create the life of your dreams is challenging and complex. Unfortunately, this complexity reduces success and causes stress. Executive coaching provides a step-by-step road-map that breaks it all down into actionable tasks while also providing a structure and process so that risk and fear are reduced.
20. Convenient: All coaching takes place over the telephone, from the convenience of your home or office, and on your schedule so there is no need to take time off from work, incur transportation costs, or attend classes. You move at your own speed by scheduling appointments at your convenience.
21. Measurable Results: Executive coaching is measured by the results it produces. While I can’t guarantee you’ll make more money, or be healthy and happy, the fact is clients don’t pay me every month for the fun of it. They either get more value than they pay for or they don’t continue. One mistake avoided or one smart decision can pay for years of coaching making it a revenue producing activity instead of an expense. This is more than just a sales slogan – it happens regularly. And it is why executive coaching makes good business sense.